Are you looking for a way to boost your energy, reduce inflammation, and give your immune system support? Look no further than making yourself a turmeric shot!
Turmeric Shots: Health Benefits
Turmeric shots have become a popular beverage due to their many health benefits. Turmeric is an ancient spice that has been used for centuries in culinary dishes and medicinal purposes. It’s known for its healing properties and anti-inflammatory effects which can help support your body's overall well-being.
Turmeric contains an active compound called curcumin, which has many beneficial health properties. In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, the active ingredient in turmeric (curcumin) also helps fight disease. When taken as part of your daily routine every day, research shows that curcumin can lower cholesterol levels, improve cognitive function and memory loss associated with aging, prevent cancer cell growth, regulate blood sugar levels, and reduce joint pain and stiffness related to arthritis or other inflammatory issues. It may also help reduce symptoms of poor digestion.
Turmeric shots are easy to take on the go, making them convenient to use as part of a daily supplement routine. These drinks can be added to smoothies or beverages of your choice; they may also come pre-mixed with other healthy ingredients such as ginger root or apple cider vinegar. Taking a daily turmeric shot offers plenty of vitamins and minerals along with the added bonus of natural anti-inflammatory benefits from the curcumin in the drink.
Turmeric shots provide many more health benefits than just the anti-inflammatory qualities mentioned above. They are believed to help strengthen immunity, alleviate digestive problems, reduce the risk of certain diseases, promote brain health, and more! If you’re looking for an all-natural way to stay healthy and fit then incorporating a turmeric shot into your daily routine could be just what you need.
Turmeric Shots: How to Make Them
For those looking for an easy way to get their daily dose of natural healing, turmeric shots can be a fantastic option. Turmeric shots are generally made of freshly-squeezed juice from a root-based vegetable along with a few drops or teaspoons.
There are many benefits to making your own turmeric shots. Buying them pre-made at the store may be more expensive and often the juices used for pre-made shots are made from concentrate instead of freshly-squeezed vegetables. Additionally, you might want or need to tailor the taste of your shot by adding other spices or foods - such as ginger and honey - which you can only do when making it yourself.
To make your own turmeric shot, start by washing any vegetables you plan on using and cutting them into small pieces that won't clog up the juicer. (Don't have a juicer, no worries! You can simply blend all ingredients in a high-power blender and then strain.) Then, if desired add any spices like ginger or black pepper that you may want in your shot before putting it all in the juicer. Once everything is juiced up and strained (if necessary), add 1-2 teaspoons of ground turmeric depending on how strong you want the flavor to be, stirring until fully combined. Finally, bottle and refrigerate until ready to drink - it's recommended to use them within a few days as they will lose their potency over time.
Turmeric Shots: Recipes
Turmeric shots are a perfect way to get your daily dose of turmeric with an added kick. The traditional way of preparing turmeric shots includes stirring together freshly-pressed turmeric juice and taking it as a shot, but you can also find various types and flavors of adaptogenic wellness shots that include beneficial herbs, spices, and food extracts.
Given its broad range of health benefits when consumed regularly over the long term, doctors recommend adding at least one 8-ounce shot each day for maximum effectiveness; however since it can be difficult for some individuals to make it through their day with just water breaks in between meals., you need to consider how best to incorporate it into your daily diet.
- Basic Turmeric Shot: This involves simply blending freshly pressed turmeric juice with water or plant-based milk like almond or oat milk; opt for unsweetened plant milk if possible.
- Immune Booster Turmeric Shot: Blend together equal parts organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed), ginger juice (freshly grated & squeezed), manuka honey & organic ground black pepper in freshly pressed turmeric juice each morning; shake before drinking & enjoy!
- Vanilla Chai Turmeric Shot: Whisk together one cup of apple cider vinegar (preferable with the mother) with 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom powder & ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger powder; add two teaspoons of pure vanilla extract & blend until smooth; shake with fresh cold filtered water before serving chill if desired
Try experimenting with different fruits and spices too - adding ingredients such as pineapple or mango goes great in tropical mixes! For more ways to include turmeric, check out some of our other recipes.
Tips for Making Successful Turmeric Shots:
- When selecting vegetables for your shots, choose ones with lots of natural acidity such as lemons, limes, and grapefruits for optimal flavor balance
- If desired add some sweetener such as maple syrup or honey - experiment with different combinations until you find something that tastes good
- Be sure not to overfill the blender when adding ingredients, otherwise, they won’t be blended thoroughly enough in order to make them drinkable
- If possible use fresh rather than dried spices when applicable - this helps preserve the vibrant color and strong flavor profile
- Drink 1-2 ounces per day depending on how much you need
- Remember, turmeric stains so be careful when blending and straining (both your clothes and countertops) :)
- If you don't think you are going to be able to consume your daily dose, you can also take turmeric in the form of capsules or powder. Which is always a great option for those weeks when you aren't able to make your own turmeric shots.
Why Use Turmeric in Your Skincare
As you can see turmeric has so many amazing health benefits, that it will be no surprise that it is also great for your skin. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory agent that can help to reduce redness and swelling, making it ideal for use in skincare products. Turmeric can also help to brighten the skin and even out skin tone. When used in skincare products, turmeric can help to improve the overall appearance of the skin. Turmeric is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of skincare products. It is safe for most skin types and can be used on the face or body. Turmeric can be found in our Turmeric Calendula face mask as is a fan favorite due to all the amazing benefits turmeric brings.